|Dean and his crew certainly love their work!|
- Godshalls sells about 1200 turkeys the week of Thanksgiving.
- Turkey is absolutely the meat of choice this time of year; people who don't need a whole bird (the smallest is 10 lbs) will buy a breast, or assorted turkey parts like wings and drumsticks.
- Dean's favorite use of leftover turkey: sandwiches. His wife's: a casserole made with leftover turkey, broccoli, and cooked rice in a creamy mushroom sauce.
- As a devoted fan of turkey's true taste, Dean does not brine, but, being an open minded chap he does not judge those of us who do.
|Godchall's stock, ready for roasting|
1. Set the oven at 325-350.
2. Roast the turkey Breast Down. This maintains maximum moisture in the meat.
3. Cook 12-14 minutes/lb for an unstuffed turkey, 14-15 minutes/lb for a stuffed bird.
4. After cooking, remove turkey from oven and tent with foil approx 20 minutes. This maintains moisture and makes for easier carving.