Farah Kapoor's Curry in a Hurry
1 1/2 lbs cod cut in 1 1/2 inch pieces--John Yi's cod is perfect for this recipe; monkfish works, too.
1 jar good quality marinara sauce
1 tsp red chili powder
1 tbsp ground coriander
1 tbsp ground cumin
2 bay leaves
Salt and pepper
2 tbsp cream
A handful of fresh cilantro chopped
1. Empty the jar of marinara sauce into a pan and mix in the bay leaves, coriander, cumin and chili powders.
2. Cook on low for about 10 minutes until you smell the spices.
3. Dust the pieces of fish with salt and pepper.
4. When the mixture is simmering, add the fish and cook for about 5 minutes until just cooked through.
5. Add cream and cilantro; remove from heat and enjoy with basmati rice or naan.
We thought this speed cooking competition in China was interesting; Farah's recipe is not this quick, but her fish is no longer moving when she serves it.....