|PB & J, the late, lamented lunchbox staple|
Some of my go-to items include:
- Kebobs, wrapped in foil. Great source of protein, and the novelty factor of eating meat off a skewer is kind of cool.
- Thermos of leftovers (top hits include meatballs, chicken cutlets, mac and cheese, ravioli, pesto pasta, chicken curry, Chinese takeout).
- Thermos of soup--my daughter went on a miso kick for awhile.
- Container of tuna/chicken salad with crackers
- Quesadilla wrapped in foil. If you wrap it while it's hot, it should retain a bit of heat by lunchtime.
- Pizza--yes, my kids do love cold pizza. When we order, I always get an extra pie for lunchboxes.
- Cheese and crackers
- Container of Hummus with veggies and pita to dip.